Monday, February 2, 2009

Dad & Kim

Another Utah photo session! This time with my dad and stepmom. I did their pictures at the same time as T & W's pictures, so the locations may look familiar.

First shot of the day:

Photobucket

I now feel I can blame my genetic makeup for the scrapbooks full of me making goofy faces for the camera.

Photobucket

I've talked a lot about my dad on my family site. (here and here for example) He's pretty great. I like having a serious shot of him. He wanted me to take a picture with him and the ducks behind him, but I prefer what I ended up with.

Photobucket

Dad and Kim have been married for seven years. They just celebrated their anniversary. We all think she's pretty amazing and that my dad is dang lucky to have found her.

Photobucket

The next two shots need some explanation. I merely asked my dad to try not to squint so much. Granted, it was close to noon and the sun reflecting off the snow was pretty bright, even though we were in the shade. I think my request was something along the lines of, "Dad, can you just open your eyes a little bit more." And this is what I got:

Photobucket

At least Kimmie looks good.

I think the best thing about Dad and Kim finding each other is that they make each other so happy. They laugh a lot.

Photobucket

All I'm going to say about the last two pictures is that I was trying to get them into some different poses to get some variety in the shots I was taking - and T. decided to make a comment. T. is to my right where Dad is looking. These pictures are a fun memory because of their reactions to the comment. But I'm going to keep the comment to myself. Believe me. It's better that way.

Photobucket


Dad & Kim - We're so excited for the two of you to come visit! Love you guys!

3 comments:

Yvonne said...

They are such a cute couple.

Matt Sanderson said...

Really fantastic. That might be my favorite photo shoot of all.

Emily said...

I love these. I especially like them because they both look so happy and Tom is smiling.